Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on using my Brutus for driving around my property. Carrying things around the property too. And also to just ride around in for fun with family and friends. I was considering some of the attachments but they are very expensive so I am reconsidering that.

What are you guys going to use your Brutus for?

·
Registered
282 Posts
We own a few big properties and would use it for maintaining them, transporting it from one location to the other with our pick up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
do you have a trailer to transport it around? I heard it could be tricky with the the raised wheel well arch on the bed. Maybe you could look in getting a different bed attachment to hold the brutus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
do you have a trailer to transport it around? I heard it could be tricky with the the raised wheel well arch on the bed. Maybe you could look in getting a different bed attachment to hold the brutus.
either a trailer or even the bed mounted rack you can install which UTV's and ATV's can be parked on. it limited your bed storage but you can still fit a good amount of items.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am guessing that the Brutus is not street legal. But if you live in farm country it may be possible. Perhaps not home from the dealer which is likely in town, but after that you could drive it around just like some people do with their tractors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking forward to driving through the mess of trails that are around my house. Plenty to explore and some fun geographic features to overcome. That is the plan mostly. We will also use it to maintain our own property. Throw some gardening tools in the back . Haul sticks, leaves and such to the garbage. The possibilities are endless!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I wonder if the Brutus will be able to handle a trip I have planned. Planning to head out to this remote island I always pass by when we go on fishing trips for a week

Sort of a survival/camping trip.

Alot of the terrain is forest and mountain.

I could get the Brutus ferried there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I dont see why it wouldn't be able to hold up to those duties. The only thing you would need on that island is fuel so bring extra jerry cans ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I were going on a survival/camping trip I wouldn't want to have a vehicle ferried over. Wouldn't it be more fun to canoe or kayak over and be carrying all your gear with you? If you bring the Brutus I think you have to drop the survival aspect. It is pretty luxe if you bring a UTV with you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I dont see why it wouldn't be able to hold up to those duties. The only thing you would need on that island is fuel so bring extra jerry cans ;)
better get some massive jerry cans, fill them up a lot and strap them the roof! Only way to survive and make the most of your brutus :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
At the very back of our land is a fair sized pond so we do go out on a boat every so often when the weather is nice. Another purpose I can use the brutus for is to haul the boad out of the water. Not a bad idea right.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As long as its a small boat. What is the towing capacity of the Brutus? It would be cool if it was capable of towing a small boat. Not sure what else I would really want to tow with it though. I would usually use the truck for all of our towing needs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
guys, keep in mind the Brutus is a pure utility SxS. You guys talking about taking the brutus exploring and trail running are asking for problems.

ITs made for hard work not for crawling, getting itself unstuck or even handling the beating that trail riding lays down on a SxS. the Brutus is not exactly a cheap SxS either. I'd say if you want to go trail running buy something used and cheap, protect your investment. The Brutus is a $20,000 work tool....

·
Registered
13 Posts
^ good point but it sort of does have these capabilities, we just need to find that medium where it wont be at harm, which i think it obvious. definitely don't want to use it as a rock crawler

1 - 20 of 35 Posts