Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm building my Brutus on the Polaris website and for some reason can't find the V plow anywhere as an add on. I'll be calling dealerships to find best option but want to have that list first.
Does anyone have the V plow? What kind of feedback do you have? Would you recommend it over their standard straight blade?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have the original Brutus "Snow Blade" pusher, it doesn't suck

Head to head:

I have not seen the Brutus V-Blade in anything but a rendering, would love to see an action video if you end up getting one. I've got the older joystick, so it'd be a hassle to upgrade my 2013 to work with the V-plow.

There are some minor deficiencies in the original "Snow Blade", though I am considering switching to a polymer cutting edge, there's a couple firms which will custom fabricate a strip of 0.75" UHMW Polyurethane, even drill the holes (need to measure and send the bolt pattern).

·
Registered
110 Posts
60" wide when angled... on a machine that's 64" wide.... I'm not sure who thought that was a good idea. It's barely adequate for going straight and totally inadequate when turning. I have a 78" blade on mine and it's just about right, a couple inches sticking out each side when angled. I certainly wouldn't want any narrower. Neither of the Polaris plows are wide enough IMO.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bobcat has gone back to the Multi-Attachment X-Change (M.A.X.) System branding?

72" is the biggest plow Polaris sells for Brutus. Bobcat doesn't even show those for 36xx, only lists the original and V-blade options.

My original 69" plow does fine even fully angled; I admit a 78" would be nice just because it'd reduce the number of passes I need to make, I really should look into end wings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had the V-plow on my Brutus for two winters. I have a drive way that is a little over a quarter mile long that is fairly steep. In our Wisconsin winters, I tend to get many larger drifts on the drive. The V-plow works perfectly to break up the center of the drive on the first pass and then to make two other passes to push the remaining snow to each side.

I am more than happy with the V-plow and am glad I went with it. I did have to switch our the standard joy stick for the newer joy stick with two rocker switches to independly control the two wings. The switch out was easy.

·
Registered
2013 Brutus HD PTO
29 Posts
Here is a PDF copy of the Polaris V-Plow Joy Stick upgrade manual.

I installed it on my 2013 Brutus.

Worse part was drilling a hole in the firewall. Had to go through plastic to get to the metal to access the dash area.

I do also have the Polaris PDF V-Plow manual, but it is too large to upload on this site. I think the file is 25.5MB

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts