Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of year when everyone makes lists of the best _____ of 2013. ATV.com just put out its "Top 10 ATVs and UTVs of 2013." Unfortunately for us, the Polaris Brutus did not make the list, although Polaris does have other entries on the list. Here is the list:

1. Kawasaki Teryx and Teryx4
2. Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail
3. Honda Rancher
4. Honda Pioneer 700-4
5. Yamaha Viking
6. Yamaha YFZ450R
7. Polaris Sportman 570
8. Polaris RZR XP 1000
9. Can-Am Maverick MAX
10. Can-Am Maverick 1000R X xc

Here is a link to the accompanying write-ups. --> Top 10 ATVs and UTVs of 2013 | ATV.com Blog

Do you think the Brutus was snubbed?

I have to say I think its weird that the UTVs and ATVs are on the same list. They aren't really in the same category in my mind.

·
Registered
107 Posts
no i dont think the Brutus was snubbed. That was an enthusiasts list from an enthusiasts publication. No one buys the brutus because they are an enthusiast, they buy because they need one for the jobs at hand...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Other UTVs on the list are more utilitarian as well. I think the flaw in this list is that the ATVs and UTVs are on the same list. Really the two are very different breeds and deserve to be put on separate lists.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think that the other UTVs on the list have nearly as many attachments available. On that point alone the Brutus deserves to beat some of the other UTVs that made this list.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I wonder if this is due to their own experience of the Brutus. I did read up on a take off issue with the Brutus. Maybe it's that along with some others that resulted in this?

·
Registered
204 Posts
All of those on the list are more for recreation than actual work

Not that they don't function as a work purpose ATV but they weren't designed that way.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't think that the other UTVs on the list have nearly as many attachments available. On that point alone the Brutus deserves to beat some of the other UTVs that made this list.
first sentence in the article you posted

Off-road enthusiasts have had a lot to be excited about in 2013. The industry has benefitted from incredible innovations and more new and updated models than we’ve seen in years.
I don't see why the SxS and ATV's should be separated, there are quite a few components that get shared between the two. All the innovations and advancements are applicable to each...

·
Registered
282 Posts
first sentence in the article you posted

I don't see why the SxS and ATV's should be separated, there are quite a few components that get shared between the two. All the innovations and advancements are applicable to each...
I think it's fair that they separate them, just to make things very specific.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Brutus isn't exactly designed to be an off road dedicated machine

it can do moderate off roading but not its intended purpose.
This is why they should be separate. People who shop for ATVs and UTVs are looking for different things. It would be nicer for readers to separate them for this reason IMO.

Maybe Brutus would make the list if they separated them as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess it matters how many UTVs and ATVs were even released this year. Maybe there aren't enough to make two separate lists.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I guess it matters how many UTVs and ATVs were even released this year. Maybe there aren't enough to make two separate lists.
Possibly. The industry can only move so fast with the demand. Not sure how this years release of UTV's and ATV's rank among those in the past but i'd have to say there was a good amount of new things to release

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is why they should be separate. People who shop for ATVs and UTVs are looking for different things. It would be nicer for readers to separate them for this reason IMO.

Maybe Brutus would make the list if they separated them as well.
brutus doesnt fall into what general purpose ATV or SxS buyers are looking for. Its a work tool not a play thing.

also at ~20K its not affordable like general purpose SxS'

1 - 20 of 22 Posts