Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up to recently my 2013 Brutus would start if in either High, Low, Neutral or Park. Something must have changed as it will no longer turn over when in Low or High. Anybody know what changed? I liked being able to start it in gear.

·
Registered
324 Posts
This is a feature

My theory: Treadle pedal wear.

Manual says engine should be able to start "in gear" (High, Low) only if the treadle pedal is in the center position; after some wear, the treadle doesn't fully center when you take your foot off, so it won't start.

I find that after two years of use, starting in low works maybe half the time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The neutral safety switch is in the command lever control box. There is a mounting bolt on the command lever that needs to be turned counter clockwise so the spring makes more closing pressure for the neutral safety switch. Other cable adjustments might be needed as well.
GhostRider

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The neutral safety switch appears to have gone bad. I couldn't operate it by hand to get it working. New one is on order, however, I jumpered it in the mean time.

Thanks Ghost Rider for the advice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
neutral switch

The neutral switch is an OMRON D2VW-01L1A-1MS and is available from Online Components for $5.92 plus shipping. You will have to solder on leads. If you would rather not solder DigiKey has one for $28.99 that has the leads already connected like the original but you will have to interface the connector. P/N SW1453-ND

1 - 6 of 6 Posts