Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comes to us from the Brutus Twin brother, the Bobcat 3600 and 3650. 3600 equals base Brutus while 3650 equals Brutus HD and HDPTO...

They share attachments except for one. The Bobcat site lists a sprayer attachment handy for landscaping or agriculture.

Sprayer Attachment - Bobcat Company

It should be completely compatible with Brutus, however I havent been able to find concrete information either way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sounds like the only thing to do is call customer service to figure it out. Is that thing mostly used for pesticides? Seems like most people who are doing that heavy of agriculture would already have the machinery and means to do so.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the only thing to do is call customer service to figure it out. Is that thing mostly used for pesticides? Seems like most people who are doing that heavy of agriculture would already have the machinery and means to do so.
It doesnt have to be for heavy agriculture... people have lawns as well. In fact if you were a landscaping company you could do vast acreage all from your comfortable cabin...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I didn't really think of people who have huge lawns, but do people put pesticides on their lawns? Seems like a lot of chemicals. If you were using this for for watering, why wouldn't you just use sprinklers?

Landscaping? maybe. But mostly I see it for agriculture.

Cool to see just another thing that the Brutus can do though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It doesnt have to be for heavy agriculture... people have lawns as well. In fact if you were a landscaping company you could do vast acreage all from your comfortable cabin...
Yup, I can actually see this being used more for small farms, landscaping, etc.
Big high production farms have massive tractors with sprayers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it should, the Bobcat 3600 is identical to the Polaris Brutus. Polaris and Bobcat are the same company. All the attachments are the same. Actually we should do a price comp between bobcat and polaris to make sure we're getting the best deal on attachments...

·
Registered
204 Posts
it should, the Bobcat 3600 is identical to the Polaris Brutus. Polaris and Bobcat are the same company. All the attachments are the same. Actually we should do a price comp between bobcat and polaris to make sure we're getting the best deal on attachments...
thats good to hear.

and a good point. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do small farms even exist anymore? I thought that everything was owned by Monsanto now.

The sprayer attachment could be used to quickly water a small farm / large garden. Why is the Brutus and the Bobcat 3600 the same vehicle? Why would they make them different if they are the same? Are they sold in different markets or something?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do small farms even exist anymore? I thought that everything was owned by Monsanto now.

The sprayer attachment could be used to quickly water a small farm / large garden. Why is the Brutus and the Bobcat 3600 the same vehicle? Why would they make them different if they are the same? Are they sold in different markets or something?
the Brutus and Bobcat 3600 are identical, as are their attachments. The only difference is the one sprayer attachment. It may have to do with brand loyalty, Bobcat has been serving the heavy duty/agricultural community much longer than Polaris has so it may be something that showed up in market research...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
very simple attachment

• Boom Height: Adjusts to match height of vegetation, delivering optimum results when operating in a variety of environments.
  • Chemical Jug Holder (60 and 80-gal. only): Incorporated into the tank design for maximum stability while operating.
  • Hose Reel and Spray Wand: Attached to the length of the reel, the spray wand and hose combination are ideal for spot-spraying and pressure washing applications, delivering easy hand-held spraying results.
  • Large Pump: Allows the sprayer to cover more ground in less time and with more precise coverage.
  • Spring Loaded Wings: Break away horizontally - fore and aft - and vertically (80-gallon sprayer only) to help protect the boom on rough terrain or from obstacles. When not in use, boom wings can be manually folded.
  • Tank Agitation: With the combination of molded plastic baffles on the bottom of the tank and the pressure adjust valve for the pump, the sprayer attachment continuously agitates and mixes chemicals.

It wasn't built specifically for the Bobcat 3600, it was built for the Bobcat Toolcat yet is fully compatible with Brutus/3600...

·
Registered
282 Posts
very simple attachment

• Boom Height: Adjusts to match height of vegetation, delivering optimum results when operating in a variety of environments.
  • Chemical Jug Holder (60 and 80-gal. only): Incorporated into the tank design for maximum stability while operating.
  • Hose Reel and Spray Wand: Attached to the length of the reel, the spray wand and hose combination are ideal for spot-spraying and pressure washing applications, delivering easy hand-held spraying results.
  • Large Pump: Allows the sprayer to cover more ground in less time and with more precise coverage.
  • Spring Loaded Wings: Break away horizontally - fore and aft - and vertically (80-gallon sprayer only) to help protect the boom on rough terrain or from obstacles. When not in use, boom wings can be manually folded.
  • Tank Agitation: With the combination of molded plastic baffles on the bottom of the tank and the pressure adjust valve for the pump, the sprayer attachment continuously agitates and mixes chemicals.

It wasn't built specifically for the Bobcat 3600, it was built for the Bobcat Toolcat yet is fully compatible with Brutus/3600...
thanks for including those details, good to know what exactly it can do and what it was built for, some things which we may not already be familiar with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So what is the difference between Bobcat and Polaris anyways. While the 3600 and the Brutus are the same, the two companies must have specialties that the other doesn't, or else what is the point!? I didn't even know they were owned by the same company until I read this thread.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So what is the difference between Bobcat and Polaris anyways. While the 3600 and the Brutus are the same, the two companies must have specialties that the other doesn't, or else what is the point!? I didn't even know they were owned by the same company until I read this thread.
commercial vs consumer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
commercial vs consumer.
that alone makes a big difference, the way companies tailor their vehicles to each market justifies the divide of commercial and consumer products even more. I bet there are some people that still get commercial grade vehicles and equipment.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts