Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am in the market for a new, or new to me Brutus. I have a small snow removal business that started with a 24 inch walk behind blower doing a few neighbors driveways that has turned into 30+ in a few years. I had to upgrade to an ATV with plow and then get a buddy to help with his ATV plow to help keep up. I also have 10 acres to maintain that I could use it on. I've been looking at a Brutus for a couple years now and have read literally every thread on this forum in my search for info, talked to everyone in my area that owns one and talked to a few dealers.

Basically, I was wondering which model year I should go with. I have several options as to which year to go with. I can still get a 13 with the yanmar, 15, or brand new.

Should I go with the yanmar? and do the brand new 17's have all the issues worked out with the Kohlers such as oil sump problems: Any other pros and cons with different years?

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If I could have written it off as a business expensive, I would have spent the extra +$20K and gone with a Bobcat Toolcat.

I have a Bobcat 3650 with the Yanmar engine; if the price is right, I recommend this model-- the upgrades needed for the a few new accesssories (e.g. the dump bed reinforcement for the salt spreader, or the new joystick required for the plow with the side wings) can be added as upgrades.

OTOH, I would definitely recommend going with the 2016+ upgraded snowblower, major changes compared to the original chain-drive snowblower.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went with the 2015 Brutus HDPTO, and had them upgrade to the new joystick so I could use the new v-plow. I am so happy with the v-plow since I can break through the big drifts on my 1/2 mile drive way in the v position, and then go back and widen in the normal angled position. I also have the 66" finish mower which I am happy with as well. There was a recall on the Kohler Diesel, so the dealer swapped out the engine with the improved 2017 engine. So far, no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts