Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa came early this year and decided I had been good enough to have a snow plow for my Brutus. I have got her all mounted up but I am having a problem hooking up the hydraulic hoses for the plow angle. The manual kind of glosses over the hookup as if it is no big deal but maybe I am being anal and have not figured it out. They talk about aligning a notched out area of the sleeve of the female connector with a ball on the base and retract the sleeve on the coupler. I can't get anything to move or retract no matter how hard I push, pull, twist, or cuss. Obviously I am missing something here. Anybody have an idea how to make these things work?No snow yet but want to be ready. Also, on a somewhat related issue, what is the general opinion on plow shoe skids. Pro or con?

·
Registered
18 Posts
After you align the V-notch with the small pin, you should just be able to push the couplers together (push coupler towards the Brutus). It does take some force to force the couples together. I have the V-plow, and when plowing the paved part of my drive, I do not have the shoes set to touch the pavement so I remove all the snow. When plowing the gravel portion of my drive, I have the shoes set down about an 1” so I don’t scrape up the grave while plowing the snow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I finally got the connectors to mate. Just wasn't pushing hard enough. Also needed to release pressure by operating joy stick with engine turned off. If there is any pressure in lines you will not be able to plug them in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The hydraulic system may still be under a bit of residual pressure, very common!
With the engine OFF, turn the key to ON, DON'T START!
Work the joy stick back & forth & side to side, ALSO the switch that changes plow angle!
This will relieve the residual in the system.
Do this BEFORE disconnecting equipment as well, it will make uncoupling & coupling much easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts