Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several winters of fighting the snow that clogs the air intake by the drivers door, I dug out a common screwdriver and spent 5 minutes fixing it.

I took a flashlight and looked under the drivers seatback cushion and unscrewed the 2 hose clamps holding the plastic elbow that comes up behind the drivers seat and hooks to the outside air intake. I then gently rocked the plastic elbow back and forth until it popped loose, I set it aside made sure nothing loose was near to fall in the hole and fired up the engine, I hardly noticed any extra noise from it. The air filter on the engine will keep any crud out, and there isn't much dust anyway in the winter. I do plan on hooking up a short hose so I don't loose anything down the hole, but it looks like I won't have to clean snow off the air intake every few minutes anymore.

·
Registered
328 Posts
"SVC,INTAKE,SNOW,TTN" is Part # 2205192

Good to hear you've solved the issue, and saved a few bucks! Personally, I would put an old dress sock over the open pipe end ;)

I put in the $38 Ranger 800 Kit last year, it starts by removing the elbow, then you install a small intake box behind the seat with foam insert for noise and dust. Polaris "SVC,INTAKE,SNOW,TTN" (Part # 2205192) also comes with a cover to close off the old opening and extra (unneeded) pieces for the Ranger CVT intake.

Even though intake air is feed from the cab, the heater still keeps up fine.

Here's a look behind the seat for anybody who is curious:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I removed all of the intake piping all the way back to the air cleaner, and rotated the air cleaner inlet to point down. There's really no need for any of it unless you're driving through deep water. I also removed the intake silencer between the air cleaner and engine, it didn't make any difference in noise levels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts