Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across this mention of new snow-clearing accessories for Brutus.

• NewBRUTUS V-Blade - The V-Blade plow attachment with joystick-controlled attachment has 60-inch, straight-angled, “V” and scoop widths for working in tight areas. With fully-integrated controls the V-Blade is operated from the conditioned cab using a single-handed joystick and treadle peddle combination.
  • NewSnow Chute Control Kit – An added attachment to the snow blower accessory, the chute control kit gives operators even more control from inside the cab to throw snow precisely where you want it to go.
Looks like the V-Blade runs $2,640

I'd love to see some video with the V-Blade in action.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone happen to have a picture or contents of the chute control kit 2882439? I'm curious if it will work on the chain drive version of the blower. I have the Bobcat one, not the Polaris, so also wondering if there are any idiosyncrasies or other required items (like the new joystick) required for it. Looks like the new joystick is required for the V-blade. Any idea why?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone happen to have a picture or contents of the chute control kit 2882439? I'm curious if it will work on the chain drive version of the blower. I have the Bobcat one, not the Polaris, so also wondering if there are any idiosyncrasies or other required items (like the new joystick) required for it. Looks like the new joystick is required for the V-blade. Any idea why?
Go to the brutus website and check the video for it! You can see it in action in the blower video :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, I've seen that, but still wondering if the new joystick is a prerequisite or what other additional connections are necessary. Does it Tee off the existing hydraulic lines or is it electric?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Electric actuator is definitely the easy way to make a control kit add-on. I'm thinking about retrofitting an electric ram to control the chute deflector, similar to the mods already done by others here.

Some websites describe the kit as "hydraulically control the chute angle adjustment", not much detail on the official product page, other than a "March 2017" date (and $300 list price).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts