1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help on the side mirrors, i had seen a rear camera somewhere in this forum but I can't seem to find it again. Thanks again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What about just a standard rear view mirror? Will the Ranger one work, especially with the deluxe cab?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I stuck a normal car review mirror on my bobcat 3650 windshield for $13 from Walmart. It fell off after 2 years, but I'm going to get some mirror glue and put it back on.
It worked great. I would like some side mirrors also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do those mirrors work with the full cab doors? I saw a review on Amazon that said the doors hit the mirrors. Just want to check before I buy them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
An alternative would be the bobcat product, part #7204856.
Yeah, that's what I've been looking at. I think those are more along the lines of what I am looking for. Now to find the best price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Think I'll try a rear view camera...

I just ordered a cheap usb camera off Ebay and I have an old android tablet that the battery blew up on (didn't explode, but puffed up and popped the back off the tablet!) So I ordered a 12v to 3.7v transformer on Ebay to power the tablet. If all that works, I'll mount the tablet in the roof and have it power up when I start the Brutus. There are a bunch of apps out there that should work, so we'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted!

P.S. I also ordered some real mirrors just in case!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Usb camera a bust

Well, the usb camera was a bust. I couldn't get it to work with the tablet. I did get some mirrors on, as well as a new roof and mounted a stereo in the roof. I posted pictures in the gallery if you are curious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you want an another inexpensive inside mirror option, here's a $12 option at Autozone which I put on today:
http://www.autozone.com/safety-and-...ilot-automotive-blind-spot-mirror/257122_0_0/
If you just want to keep an eye on what's going on behind you. The picture does not show the mount which has a
thin adhesive strip which fits nicely on the inside of the roll bar. At 4" by 2.5", it looks right sized for the Bobcat.
I wouldn't use it if you need to do a lot of precise backing up using mirrors. I believe it's also at Pep Boys for a
little more. Just another option.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone find a Bobcat dealer or seller online that doesn't charge MSRP for parts/accessories and will ship? I am not happy with my local Bobcat dealer, and unfortunately they do the whole state. Looking to get the side mirrors and maybe the turn signal kit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For the best mirrors, buy the Bobcat after market mirror set -- I have them they are great.

For cameras, best to get is CabCam -- have them on my skid steers, they are amazing.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mirrors are bobcat part #7204856

Can't install on a fully enclosed cab.
I believe the bobcat part #7204856 works with the hard cab enclosure? Jorts says he has them on his HD PTO model with the full cab.

Here's a close-up from the Bobcat website:

I'm going to call my Bobcat dealer later today and get a price quote.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mirrors are bobcat part #7204856 for $400

Yeah, that's what I've been looking at. I think those are more along the lines of what I am looking for. Now to find the best price.
Here's the prices I've received on the Bobcat road-legal parts:

Code:
$395 Side Mirror Kit #7204856
$440 Turn Signal Kit #7213757
 $93  Rearview Mirror #7194785
Kolpin aftermarket mirrors run around $40 for the pair, racing mirrors run $100-$250 for a pair, but are designed to mount around a roll bar, so aren't compatible with a full cab.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got a quote from my dealer on the side mirror kit for $232.10. I jumped on it as I expected something much more like what you mentioned.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts