Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I could honestly say I am not a proud owner of a new 2013 Brutus HD PTO I live in Toronto Canada, the Brutus is at my cottage 600 kms north of Toronto in a small community called Kenogami.
reading some of these posts I get the feeling that some of the members got half decent machines and some lemons...I got a lemon.
Also reading there is some hope to get issues resolved. ie Very slow...
will not go up a hill unless in low 4 wheel drive (4' hill)
I have the lawn mower...it does cut grass and well. but the machine will not go up a hill with it attached. I will be calling my dealer and asking about upgrades to the drivetrain as I understand the 2014 does not have the slow speed issues
Sorry to say I am very disappointed with my Brutus.
I have the 2011 Ranger Diesel which I like. It's not a rocket but that's not what I bought it for.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i think the machines that were bought brand new off the showroom floor (2013 model) are more likely the ones with issues. i know several guys, including myself, that bought demo machines. I think most of the demo machines were serviced at one point in time and don't have issues. Mine will do 32 mph all day long. It's not a speed demon on hills but it will climb them in 2wd high at 10 mph.

Hopefully the dealer can take care of the issues on your machine. My only concern would be finding a dealer that knows how to service it. I will not use my local polaris dealer, I've already spoke with the Bobcat dealer and they are more than willing to handle service for me. Them seem to know a bit more about the machine compared to the polaris dealer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sandblaster, not all of the 2013 units had the service updates done to them. The adjustment is simple- the dealer has to 1) adjust the swash plate to get more power or 2) get the updated command lever that allows adjustment by twisting a bolt. There are also a few cases where the throttle linkage was loose.

I'd put money on the fact that you have an improperly or non-adjusted adjusted machine.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Bobcat all the way

Mine is a 2014 model, and while hills slow it down, it doesn't stop (as long as I remember to put in in 4WD). Until I get street legal, I'm not going to try to get it up to 32MPH.

On the plus side, I recently received a GoPro, so expect some video. :cool:

Hopefully the dealer can take care of the issues on your machine. My only concern would be finding a dealer that knows how to service it. I will not use my local polaris dealer, I've already spoke with the Bobcat dealer and they are more than willing to handle service for me. Them seem to know a bit more about the machine compared to the polaris dealer.
I'll second that recommendation -- service through my local Bobcat dealer has been great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you
I will take it in and ask about these ajustments. I did not buy it for speed but was expecting a bit better than I got. Running level around the property it's just OK.. can see why my dealer was so happy to get rid of it at his cost

1 - 6 of 6 Posts