Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have their rear tires wear out quickly? We have the Bobcat 3600 and I was off work last spring/summer due to an injury and when I returned two of the machines had bald rear tires. I believe this was due to some temps driving with the diff lock engaged all the time. I replaced the tires in August and one of the machines will need the tires replaced soon. Less than a year and they are shot. They do get driven on pavement a lot but even our Gators didn't wear tires out that fast (although they weighed a lot less).

I might see about finding some radials. I put car tires on our Gators but I believe they will be too tall and hurt acceleration if I put them on the 3600.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't recall noticing that my rears are any more worn than the fronts, but then 95% of my usage is on snow and ice.

How many miles/hours in that years time?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think that my rear tire wear may be due to the rear axle. It appears that the rear tires are pointing inwards towards the front of the machine. I would be led to believe that the axle was welded improperly. This will cause the tires to constantly scrub on pavement. My first set had only 1500 miles on them, my second set is at 1200 miles on them and they are wearing fast.

Anyone else have the same problem with rear tire wear?

What did you do to fix it or what can be done?

Thanks,
Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts