Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted two dealers about a snowblower for my 2014 Brutus HD/PTO. One has a couple of snowblowers (new) from 2014 and the option to order one from the factory 2016. I'd save about $700 by buying the 2014. I Googled around a bit to see if I could figure out what differences their might be. I asked the dealer (sales) as well, he was sure and said he'd check, he did say that he thought the newer ones are belt drive (I'm assuming he meant they replaced the chain drive for impeller/auger with a belt or two). Anyone know if they made substantial changes during that time frame? Thanks all! Hoping I haven't broken some protocol here as a Jr. member.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Polaris recently announced an official snow chute deflector actuator ("Power Deflector Control Kit") for the snowblower, should work on any model year.

I don't know how much the blower was "redesigned"; all docs say the cogged belt drive with automatic tensioner is the big change for 2016.

Reactions: Gunner13

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would go with the belt, the gears on the chain are held on with a couple of small Allen screws and the come loose a lot.
The shaft from the chain gear to the auger gearbox sheared inside the gearbox where the size of the shaft was milled down smaller. That cost about $350 to fix.
The belt should also help absorb some of the driveline shock when you hit something or catch a rock.
Anyone know where to get some creeper sheer pins?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts