Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another development tip just in case anyone from Polaris or Bobcat are visiting these forums.

It would be nice if the PTO shafts on the implements, ie. mower, blower, sweeper, etc. used a quick release collar on the implement side as well as the machine side. Allowing the shaft to be completely removed.

This would make moving implements around much easier. Not having to unnecessarily connect the shaft to the machine or find a way to secure it from dragging on the ground. Also better for storage.

While you're at it put a place on the implement to stow the shaft when not in use.;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree, I finally left a bungee cord in my cab just so I could easily tie it up when just moving the mower or blower.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before I registered I noticed that someone else had a bad front pto. During the last snow in Northern Ill.. my 2014 Bobcat 3650 front pto went out. The front bearing collar had a nice smooth break on both sides. It's now in the shop waiting for parts. The driveshaft twisted. We were using the broom attachment at the time. It sounds like it's a common problem.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My snowblower PTO universal joint broke the cast metal part that bolts onto the snowblower. Looks like it had been broke for a while as when it let go only a small piece of the break was shiny.
It made a lot of noise and bent the drive shaft. There is no way that hitting something broke that part as I didn't hit anything, and it would of broke a couple of shear pins before breaking the metal coller.
Bobcat did not cover it, cost me $80.00.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts