Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have this problem, pto will not engage, the symbol shows it engaged but it will not start snow blower, it will do this this or three times when blowing snow.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Confirmed that PTO isn't turning the output?

Interesting that it shows PTO is on but doesn't turn the output. Does it show a RPM for the PTO on the display when this happens? Are you sure the issue is that the PTO isn't turning the shaft, and not a problem with the snowblower itself?

I provided a copy of the PTO section of the service manual, but it doesn't have a diagnosis for this problem. If you can't get any help from your Polaris dealer, you might see what your local Bobcat dealer would charge to take a look at it -- at least they are accustomed to dealing with powered accessories, just tell them it's a Bobcat 3650 with a custom paint job ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
polaris dealer picking up machine on Monday, they think it is a clutch problem, being that I am the only person that owns a brutus in this area , we will see how good the service is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the dealer returned my machine last week, said it was the seat sensor, so they changed it, today we have snow and the pto worked for a while and now it will not engage, they did not fix the problem, back to the dealer on Monday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problem solved it was the electric clutch on the pto. it was replaced and I tackled a big storm last week -end it woked fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts