Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I hope all is well. So I have had this issue before, but never tried to fix it myself due to the fact my Brutus was still under warranty. Now that's it's not under warranty AND this issue has come up again, I'd like to try and tackle it myself and hopefully get it fixed right this time.

So for some reason my PTO shank comes loose from whatever holds it from moving all over the place in front. I can move the PTO shaft/front spline portion so that it hits on all sides of the circle plate that it's poking through in front.

I am assuming there is a bearing up front that the PTO shaft sits and spins in and that is connected to the frame. It's hard to describe I guess. A) had anyone else had this issue and B) how in the heck do you get at it to fix it? What all needs to come off the brutus so I can gain access to this and fix it?

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts
The pain is in getting the old bearing off and ne one on. The Bearing housing has been updated to a much stronger housing. That's the good news!

The bad news is how much damage to spline gets done making the change... Unable to get ID spline fitting back on...

Save your self some serious aggravation, get a new shaft with bearings on.
GhostRider,
Out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi. I now have the same issue with the bearing on the pto shaft. How hard was it to remove the old and replace it, and about how much did it cost for the new part? Thanks!

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts