Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Joe. I am happy to introduce myself. I just bought my Brutus and am in the process of customizing it, to meet my needs. I am going to add a power invert-er. What would the group recomend as the best way to mount an invert-er and where on the unit to place the assess to it?

Semper Fidelis
Joe
USMC (ret)

·
Registered
328 Posts
What devices do you want to power?

Obviously if you mostly plan to charge tool batteries, run a radio or laptop, top up a cell phone, etc, it'd be more efficient to use a 12VDC powered device instead of running 120VAC from an inverter.

Keep in mind that the Brutus alternator is about 1.2KW and breaks even somewhere between idle and 2000RPM. It's possible for added accessories to drain the battery at idle, so keep an eye on your battery voltage when running accessories even with the engine on, especially if you draw more than about 500W continuous load.

What would the group recomend as the best way to mount an invert-er and where on the unit to place the assess to it?
There are accessory terminals behind the dashboard. Depending on your factory-installed options, there may be unused fuse positions under the center console or under the hood.

Reactions: Leperlead

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My First Upgrade

I do want to thank you for your quick and through reply. I will do a bit more research, and have that set up in place as I start to enjoy my retirement..

Semper Fidelis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts