Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This video shows the Polaris Brutus using the snowblower on a very snowy field. The video is shot from the inside of the cab, but this also shows off how the windshield can useful.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I still wish it had a bigger throw going on, the blower attachment still does a good job though. Maybe the second time around they can alter it for a bigger throw.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I still wish it had a bigger throw going on, the blower attachment still does a good job though. Maybe the second time around they can alter it for a bigger throw.
That was fairly wet/heavy snow when I filmed it. I will shoot another one in the next couple of days as we are supposed to get 20 inches over the next day or two and I think it will be lighter and thus be thrown farther.

mike

·
Registered
282 Posts
That was fairly wet/heavy snow when I filmed it. I will shoot another one in the next couple of days as we are supposed to get 20 inches over the next day or two and I think it will be lighter and thus be thrown farther.

mike
Thanks mike, this is true though, the heavier the snow is the less of a throw you'll have. should be a lot of fun blowing all that snow away!

If you can, getting some shots of it in action from outside will help, bring a buddy along

·
Registered
25 Posts
is it enjoyable to plow with the brutus? How effective is the cab at keeping heat?
I enjoy it a lot. Gets me out of the house. When I am not using it for snow removal I run around the neighborhood with it. The heater will burn you out when it is 10 - 20F outside. I am usually in shorts when I am using it.

mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Blower question

Thank you for posting the vid of the blower. I live in Pennsylvania and am considering the Brutus over a new tractor. I have a 24HP diesel tractor now with a rear 3 point hitch 2 stage blower but no cab. The tractor is getting old and the mowers are starting to fall apart the cost of a cab, new mower, and a loader would be about the same as a Brutus. The vid really makes the blower look as heavy as my old Alide blower. Any issues with power to run the blower and does the front hydraulics seem a stable as a tractor? And do you have the mower?

I don't want to be annoying but it is a good chunk of money. Lol. And looking at one in the show room doesn't compare to actual use.

I am very impressed with what I see but would greatly appreciate some real life experience,.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd classify it as a really sturdy utility vehicle. In my opinion it's much more useful than a small tractor for many scenarios especially when it comes to snow removal. You will like the hydrostatic transmission as well as it's similar with throttle control that runs separate from the treadle pedal. HOWEVER, if you are accustomed to a big 60+ hp tractor, it won't feel as substantial or beefy. Personally, I don't need that size equipment for much of my business, and the smaller footprint of the BRUTUS is perfect for 95% of what I do. I still use a bigger tractor too from time to time.

The blower is sturdy and sized appropriately for the BRUTUS. It will toss 6-8 inches of snow with ease. Just engage PTO at 1/3 throttle to minimize strain on the system, and increase power from there. It is super easy. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Its more versatile than a tractor

I haven't seen the mower in action really

The snow blower seems to work fine in the videos i have seen. Plus having a heated cabin is a huge bonus

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I will probably go with one of these. Yes I do have a diesel tractor but it is a 20 HP so not that big. The blower is a 60 inch cut and does a great job. Yes, I do hit some rocks and have never had any problem other than the shear bolts.

I agree with brutforce, the heated cabin is the attraction for me. Well, that and front mount. I am tired of 2 hours or reverse! I think I have a permanent kink in my neck! LOL

I love forums, you get the truth from real people and I don't have anyone local, that I know of, that is a real dealer for the Brutus. If you know of anyone in the Somerset / Johnstown area of Pennsylvania let me know. We have a local Polaris dealer near here but they are also a cycle shop and really only deal from the recreation side of things. Yes they have a Brutus on their lot but really don't have and experience with it.

Many, many thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
you may have to travel to find your brutus if that is the case. only concern with that is finding someone who can service it who is close by.

·
Registered
282 Posts
servicing can be an issue, best to do some serious research to find the best places and maybe learn some things you can do on your own

1 - 18 of 18 Posts