Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diesel Power with Hydrostatic Transmission

An isolation-mounted, fuel efficient YANMAR® diesel power plant delivers low vibration and lower speed torque. Combined with a durable hydrostatic drive transmission that is optimized for acceleration and top speed, they provide all the torque and power you need to move over tough terrain, haul more cargo and perform all the rigorous jobs that BRUTUS was designed to do.

Multi-Link Coil Over De Dion Suspension

As the first side x side utility vehicle to use this work-grade suspension, BRUTUS models deliver a smooth ride far beyond what the competition can offer – both with and without a load. The rear suspension supports a 1,250 pound cargo capacity and minimizes suspension sag when fully loaded. The suspension also maintains ground clearance when trailering with its best-in-class 2,000 pound towing capacity.

Superior Cargo Storage with Electric Lift Dump Box

Pallet-sized, electric lift rear dump box with 1,250 lb. capacity features exclusive Lock & Ride® cargo system that accommodates many hard-working accessories that go on and off in seconds. There’s also plenty of room to stow your tools, gloves and other worksite necessities in ample under-seat and in-dash storage.

On-Demand True All-Wheel Drive

True AWD keeps you moving, automatically engaging all four wheels when you need more forward traction and reverting back to 2WD when you don’t. When in 2WD, the VersaTrac Turf Mode switch allows you to unlock the rear differential for easier, tighter turns without tearing up the turf.

Hydraulically Controlled Front Attachments

BRUTUS HD takes productivity to the next level, coming ready to work with three optional, hydraulically controlled front-end attachments that instantly transform one vehicle into multiple hard working machines. Plow, lift, or scoop with a commercial-grade snow blade, adjustable width pallet forks, or a durable materials bucket. An optional, dealer-installed PTO kit gives the operator even more attachment options.

Pro-Tach™ Attachment System

The innovate Pro-Tach™ attachment system allows quick and easy connection and disconnection of front-end implements, so you spend less time gearing up your vehicle and more time on the chore at hand. The intuitive joystick controls the attachment position from the seat of the cab.

Treadle Pedal

With many commercial applications demanding frequent back-and-forth motion, a treadle pedal significantly simplifies travel operation. Like nothing else in its category, BRUTUS allows you to travel in forward or reverse with a single pedal, without ever shifting gears or taking your hands off of the steering wheel.

Superior Comfort and Ergonomics

Cab ergonomics deliver outstanding driver and passenger comfort, including tilt steering with the highest range of motion (10”), extra legroom, and easy cab entry to get in and out quickly. Driver centered gauges provide quick readouts and help keep your eyes on the task at hand.

Intuitive Controls

Ergonomic controls at the operator’s fingertips make operation easy and consistent with other work machines. Attachment adjustments are easy to make with an intuitive joystick, and float position gives free flow of hydraulic oil so the attachment matches the ground contour for optimum performance. An independent hand throttle allows the operator to provide attachments with full power regardless of vehicle speed.

Lock & Ride® PRO-FIT™ Cab

Setting the standard in comfort and convenience, the Lock & Ride PRO-FIT cab components are pre-designed for the BRUTUS frame, lock in tightly for a secure cab system, and install in minutes. Choose any combination of windshield, roof, rear panel and doors to best meet your needs and budget.

MORE FEATURES:

• One-ton towing
  • Responsive hydraulic power steering lets the operator maneuver in a variety of conditions with limited effort.
  • Powerful Headlight Beam With High/Low Switch Operation (60/55 W)
  • 90 amp alternator provides best in class electrical power for starting and accessories
  • 10 inches of ground clearance Optional dealer-installed PTO accessory

·
Registered
282 Posts
2000 LBS towing cap is amazing IMO, it should be enough for most of the people buying a brutus. I doubt many people will need more than that

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah for such a little mule it does have an amazing carrying capacity. Thanks for posting up the specs for the brutus. It sounds more convincing now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
would anyone here consider getting a higher amperage alternator? for what i'll be putting it through I think it will be best if i go for a bit of an over kill

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would anyone here consider getting a higher amperage alternator? for what i'll be putting it through I think it will be best if i go for a bit of an over kill
if the accessories you want to run will put a serious load on the system, than getting a hi output is the best thing to do.
what sort of high demand accessories do you plan on running?

·
Registered
61 Posts
So glad that the there is an electric lift for the cargo bed. This must come as part of the brutus' competitors too though. Makes loading and unloading so much easier. I also didn't realize how roomy the cabin was until you posted this picture. That is a + for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So glad that the there is an electric lift for the cargo bed. This must come as part of the brutus' competitors too though. Makes loading and unloading so much easier. I also didn't realize how roomy the cabin was until you posted this picture. That is a + for me.

yeah that electric lift cargo bed just makes the brutus even more of a better work vehicles since if you need to move sand, soil, rocks, etc with this, unloading it all will be so easy.

·
Registered
204 Posts

agreed. if you've ever tried to remove sand or dirt or wood chips from the back you would know. having it angled out to dump makes cleaning it out 100x easier.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What is the use of the PRO-FIT cab? Is that going to keep you warmer in the winter or something? I'm just not sure that I get the usefulness.

·
Registered
282 Posts
agreed. if you've ever tried to remove sand or dirt or wood chips from the back you would know. having it angled out to dump makes cleaning it out 100x easier.
there are bed liners you can use that also make it easier to clean, it also helps to prevent anything small like sand from leaking out. so if you really wanted to on a hot day, you can turn it into a pool LOl

·
Registered
107 Posts
coolest part of the Brutus by far is the no stop reverse transmission.

Look where the gas pedal is, see how there are two pedals, the one where the accelerator traditionally goes is forward, while the one closer to the seat is for reverse. its useful for things like plowing and mowing so your not constantly shifting the brutus in and out of reverse/drive.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is this suppose to be better?

wouldn't it be easier to shift than to bend down to reach for the reverse lever.
why do you use the gas pedal with your feet? Look where the two levers are on the brutus' floor. Froward accelerator is in its regular spot while for reverse you move your foot back and step on the reverse accelerator. Id rather move my foot front and back then stop, change gears, stop, change back...

plus some jobs the Brutus will be used for require gentle rocking back and forth. without the constant in and out of gear. Its a feature polaris pulled from the majority of major construction equipment

·
Registered
282 Posts
why do you use the gas pedal with your feet? Look where the two levers are on the brutus' floor. Froward accelerator is in its regular spot while for reverse you move your foot back and step on the reverse accelerator. Id rather move my foot front and back then stop, change gears, stop, change back...

plus some jobs the Brutus will be used for require gentle rocking back and forth. without the constant in and out of gear. Its a feature polaris pulled from the majority of major construction equipment
I agree using your foot for this is more of a natural movement without being a P.I.T.A.

I think overall how things were placed on the Pioneer was done well enough

1 - 17 of 17 Posts