Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to BrutusForum! Please tell us a bit more about yourself --

Do you have an ATV currently? Tractors? Anything mechanical?
Where do you live?
What do you ride/drive?
Anything you want us to know ..

Thanks, and welcome aboard!

Sam
Moderator, BrutusForum.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone! We purchased our Brutus in August, and we have used it to mow, haul bricks, and drag some nice size oak trees in to keep us warm. When the grand kids are here we chase ghosts and bad bears. So far it has been fast enough to catch all the ghosts and bad bears. I was surprised about the top speed, but we didn't buy for speed, so it doesn't matter. Lots of power. We might have purchased a 900, but most of our other equipment is diesel, so this made more sense. I'm glad to be a part of the forum!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hello everyone! We purchased our Brutus in August, and we have used it to mow, haul bricks, and drag some nice size oak trees in to keep us warm. When the grand kids are here we chase ghosts and bad bears. So far it has been fast enough to catch all the ghosts and bad bears. I was surprised about the top speed, but we didn't buy for speed, so it doesn't matter. Lots of power. We might have purchased a 900, but most of our other equipment is diesel, so this made more sense. I'm glad to be a part of the forum!
Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you're putting the brutus to work! Any pictures of it in action? How has it been treating you so far?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got one

Hello everyone. I am from Ohio and buy, rebuild and restore cummins (dodges) and farm. I just traded in my polaris diesel for a polaris brutus HD because of the hydrostatic trans and they are doing away with the yanmar and getting kohler. (ill say why i chose brutus in another post) I run Branson tractors, cuz they have a cummins. And guess what all my trucks are…. And a bad boy outlaw xp zero turn mower. Hoping we can all learn a little more about the brutus from each other, since we are a big minority in the utv world.

Do you have an ATV currently? Tractors? Anything mechanical?
Where do you live?
What do you ride/drive?
Anything you want us to know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just odered 3650

Hello everyone! I'm from Ohio and love riding anything with wheels. I own a Harley, quads and I'm also one of many currently waiting for my Polaris Slingshot to come in before the snow flies. I'm new to this site and after looking there is no where out there for the Bobcat guys to chat. Sorry in advance for hijacking this site but I guess there all the same machines. I ordered A 3650 with the no cab package. Needed the pto but no cab and Polaris doesn't offer it that way, at least for now. Can't wait on getting mine... Dealer saying 4-5 weeks out. Now fingers crossed that snow holds out for both my orders.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome poot,
I love mine, I use it year around, summers mowing around 20 acres of old farm fields and trail riding. Now that it's winter the snow blower is getting a workout. I also used the bucket for fixing some of the trails and some bumps on the lawn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello

Hello!

I currently live in the frigid land of NY. I have a Brutus HD PTO (plow and bucket attachments), I also have a Camaro SS that has been modified (hence my username), as well as a Sprint Car I race.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Brutus

We just picked up our Brutus two weeks ago. Used it to plow snow a couple days and now we can't get it started...hmmm. Is it just the cold or are we doing something wrong? It's been cool...20 or so out, but this is problematic as they are forecasting 10-20 inches of snow tonight. Turns over, but won't start. Drained the fuel filter/water accumulator, put a magnetic block heater on it and the engine is warm, but still it won't sputter to life. It worked great the few times we used it...now it's a nice piece of lawn art.:mad:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Put the throttle lever up about a 1/2" to 1", then turn the key so the glow plug light lights, when it goes out turn the key off and then right back on, do a total of 3 glow plug cycles like that, then turn the key the rest of the way to start it, if it doesn't start after 10-15 seconds, do the 3 glow plug cycles and try again. You also may want to move the throttle lever slightly forward or back were cranking the starter. Mine was not happy, but I got it to start at around zero like that, use the block heater for 20 min. To an hour would be better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I purchased my Brutus three weeks ago. It is a 2013 and was a Dealer demo. I also purchased the plow blade and materials bucket. I have had it home now for a week and have been using it around the yard, hauling recyclables and bringing the dog out for her daily walk.

My main reason for the purchase was to have a heated unit for plowing my driveway. I have been plowing for the last 21 years with an ATV which is cold up here in Northern Minnesota and could not throw the snow over the banks by the middle of winter. Needless to say I was then using a snow blower for the second half of snow season. Although the snow is gone now, I am looking forward to using the Brutus this next winter.

In researching the Brutus before my purchase I came across your Forum and read about pros and cons posted here. I want to thank the Forum for the information posted as it helped me decide on my purchase of the machine.

Jerry

·
Registered
163 Posts
Jerry,
Since yours is a 2013, make sure it's had the Command Lever update and the hydrostatic system adjusted to specs after the new lever is put on. Quickest way to tell is if it will do 25 mph fairly effertlessly, and it should top out at 30-32 mph on the level.
This is a free fix the dealer does. The original command levers were machined wrong from the factory.
We put over 1200 miles on ours last summer trail riding and I also use it to mow around 15-20 acres, besides snow blowing in Northern Maine all winter. It sure is nice doing everything with one machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ketchn,

Thanks to the Forum I was able to ask ask the dealer whether or not the recall was done on the command lever. They had already done it and the machine tops out at 32 mph. Runs nicely at 25-27 mph. Since I purchased the machine for a utility vehicle around the house and farm I am not as concerned about speed. It is truly going to be a work horse and I am hoping that it holds up as good as my ATV did. ( As I stated in my first post 21 years of hard labor on the ATV and it is still going to be used for many years to come around the hunting shack.) So far I am please with the Brutus as I have put 20 hours on it and 50 miles. Some of the hours are just looking at it and getting used to controls etc.. Looks like 4 inches of snow tonight can not wait for tomorrow.

Jerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Everyone! I purchased a 2015 HD PTO Cab from M&M about 3 months ago and I love it!

Brett at M&M was fantastic! I made some odd requeats like flashing law enforcement lights, a large Car Battery, oversized wheels and tires, hidden kill switches etc...

Even Limo Tint on ALL WINDOWS including the front tilt out window!

And they installed everything in a very factory looking manner!

Owning a Loaded Toolcat Turbo for 9yrs, I had high expectations for the Brutus and I must say I'm very pleased...

I even got 2 sets of doors! (Power Windows don't work with the ac in the summer)

I've actually seen grown men cry with envy when I pull up and lower the Blacked out power windows!

Do I wish it was faster??? Yes...

However, I bought mine for work and not play so when compared to a Mahindra I use to have, it's lightning fast!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts