Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is plenty of info on these tires in other threads but I thought I would post some pictures and a quick recap of waht is going on in a new thread.

Polaris is debuting non-pneumatic (airless) tires on a retail vehicle for the first time. These tires have been under development for quite some time, and already have been used in the military.

The tires will be available on the Sportsman WV850 H.O. The tires will provide "a better center of gravity, improved cornering due to less pushing and the capability for the tires to be designed for a diverse range of capabilites," according to Polaris.

And all this for just $14,999.

·
Registered
107 Posts
theres no way they want $15,000 for 4 pairs of tires...

Too put that in perspective, $3750/tire.

If you take $70 average cost of 1 SxS/ATV tire, a set of 4 new tires will run say $280.

meaning 53 sets of tires you will need to run through before its more cost effective to get airless..

·
Registered
282 Posts
For $15,000 there's no one, or very few that will buy it. That's more like a price the Obama regime would pay for it's vehicles it sends out to war.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea the $15,000 is for both the tires and the whole ATV set-up. I don't think a price for the tires alone has been announced. Bridgestone also has airless tires but also hasn't announced a price.

I really don't have an idea of how much the tires would cost. How much would you be willing to pay for them>

1 - 20 of 29 Posts