Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I was thinking about buying a sub-compact tractor to work on my 3 acres, but after seeing the Brutus, i am re-thinking that. I am interested in getting the HDPTO with the mower, forks, and loader bucket. I live in centeral Texas so we don't get any snow :D. I was thinking that I would want to find a way to make the forks not float since I would like to use them with a Quick Spade Paumco Products; Quick Spade Combo, Loader Spade Attachment any idea how difficult that would be? I do have a few questions for those of you that already have a Brutus, how fast can you get it up to? Also if there is anyone that has the mower, how fast can you mow typical lawn grass with it, does it do a good job?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I am sure someone will chime in on how fast the brutus can go. Not sure how the qucik spade qould work with the brutus though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
dont think anyone here has the mower yet.

I am also interested to read some reviews on the attachments

But welcome to the forum!'

You dont usually go very fast though. Or the cut wont be clean

This kind of speed is where you would be going.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking that 5 to 7 mph would be a good speed for mowing. My current little John Deere riding mower that has a 42" cut and only 17HP can run 4 to 5 mph cutting the grass, so i hope it will do it faster than it would.. Granted I would be mowing in the A/C with the radio on so i will not care as much with the Brutus. :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was thinking that 5 to 7 mph would be a good speed for mowing. My current little John Deere riding mower that has a 42" cut and only 17HP can run 4 to 5 mph cutting the grass, so i hope it will do it faster than it would.. Granted I would be mowing in the A/C with the radio on so i will not care as much with the Brutus. :D
agreed. cutting the grass doesnt get any better than that :cool:

·
Registered
204 Posts
well its a removable cabin so there is only so much you can seal out. You could probably add some weathersealing yourself to seal things up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
well its a removable cabin so there is only so much you can seal out. You could probably add some weathersealing yourself to seal things up.
that can be done, an OEM weatherstripping would be great to have, that way we know for sure it will seal out nearly everything.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've weatherstripped a removable cabin before.

Do it at night in your garage. Turn the lights off and just get someone to go inside with a flashlight and shoot out. You will see the light leaks in the cracks. Fill with the variety of weather-sealing you can buy.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've weatherstripped a removable cabin before.

Do it at night in your garage. Turn the lights off and just get someone to go inside with a flashlight and shoot out. You will see the light leaks in the cracks. Fill with the variety of weather-sealing you can buy.
Good tip, that's probably the best way to do it. When finished the best way to make sure it's all good is to spray it down with water and watch for leaks. If water will make it through then you got a problem.

·
Registered
107 Posts
yea but weather sealing won't keep it quiet, especially with you sitting right on top of the engine. you need some hardcore sound deadening for that...

·
Registered
204 Posts
with light you're limited, it won't always travel as much as air, smoke or water. so water will be the ultimate test, if it passes that, you're good.
water is thicker than air though :)

and nothing weighs less than light lol

lights always worked for me.

and no cleanup either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts