Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was initially looking to buy a Bobcat, but after reading this forum, I started looking for a Brutus. I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to buy a Brutus HD and add the PTO kit. I found a great deal and got to discussing the PTO kit with the dealer and low and behold HE FOUND A HD PTO for me! It is a 2013 demo with 51 miles.

We picked it up yesterday and after spending the evening last night at our daughter's and driving it around with the grand kids, we are really impressed! (and so are the grand kids!)

We will have it home soon and be looking to modify implements to fit it. You can bet I will be looking to the forum for advice and guidance. I am toying with ideas for a cement mixer running off the PTO and maybe an emergency generator. I also want to build a cab enclosure for it before next winter, so will be looking to learn on that also.

I really am excited to be here.

Reactions: Duke Snyder

·
Registered
328 Posts
Generator off PTO

I've thought about running a generator off the PTO; it should be feasible if you can maintain exactly 1800 RPM. Should be good enough to run small equipment.

As for other PTO devices, the output looks like a standard 1" 15-spline

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally made it home to Wyoming Last night, and have a snow storm this morning! Too bad I don't have any attachments ready to go tackle the driveway. Looking forward to rectifying that real soon. Will work on modifying the blade to fit first. Then comes the snow blower.

Thanks for the reply KeviNH. The generator would really be a fun project. I just need to find a supply of pto connectors for the 15 spline shaft. Have you got any ideas?

·
Registered
328 Posts
A lot of John Deere equipment used a 1" 15-spline, so if you hunt around junkyards and watch ebay you might see one come up cheap. The shafts and regular couplers aren't hard to buy new, it's the quick-disconnect and the universal joint that are rare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts