Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking about putting rear lights on the roof of the cab. When blowing snow at night when you go to back up the glare from the front head lights makes it really hard to see when backing up. I am thinking about putting lights on the top of the cab, which should mitigate this issue.

The lights I have need to be screwed into the roof. Thoughts on this? Scared of drilling in and damaging the roof.

Not really sure if there is a better placement. You can't really put them on the rear box.... Well maybe you could, just not 100% how to route power cables with the box tilting and etc.....

Maybe I could mount them up under the rear box, but not sure I would get the lighting I am looking for.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have been thinking about this as well. First of all, LED is the only way to go, and the big alternator will run all the LEDs you need. Just a couple 2" lights should work if mounted under the bed somehow. I think a cool way to mount them would be in the headache rack polaris offers. Maybe run the wiring along the frame and connect to the bed where it's hinged at the back so the bed can be lifted and lowered without interference? You could run a light bar that would give your neighbors a sun burn a mile away.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been thinking about this as well. First of all, LED is the only way to go, and the big alternator will run all the LEDs you need. Just a couple 2" lights should work if mounted under the bed somehow. I think a cool way to mount them would be in the headache rack polaris offers. Maybe run the wiring along the frame and connect to the bed where it's hinged at the back so the bed can be lifted and lowered without interference? You could run a light bar that would give your neighbors a sun burn a mile away.
I was thinking if you mounted the bar inside the cab, you might get glare still off the back window. I am thinking a light bar above the cab and then run cabling inside, down and out might be the best way to proceed. Yes there will be a couple of holes in the roof, but I think if properly sealed, it shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think you can get rubber groomets that can go in those holes and you can feed a wire right through it. might be the best OEM-like way.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was thinking if you mounted the bar inside the cab, you might get glare still off the back window. I am thinking a light bar above the cab and then run cabling inside, down and out might be the best way to proceed. Yes there will be a couple of holes in the roof, but I think if properly sealed, it shouldn't be an issue.
That would be cool too. My only concern would be heat right on that glass. Agree with the comment about a proper seal being watertight. It would be nice to have a pre-drilled/wired and sealed platform on the back of the cab for accessories.

Also, could you run the wire between the frame and the top? It would be a bit pinched, but it may work?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm not sure if there are any other options apart from drilling
But in terms of light options you have lots

There are tons of quality LED light bars out there that output an insane amount of light.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah we're limited on what we can do. If drilling is what you need to do to make it work, then you really have no choice. Drill away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts