Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was driving yesterday in AWD mode all of a sudden the vehicle wheels started spinning. I noticed the check engine light had gone on and that the vehicle reverted to turf mode. The code for the check engine light was 520207-4 and also noted that the 15 AMP drive fuse was blown. I looked the vehicle over for a possible frayed wire but nothing. When I disconnected the front AWD coil wire the fuse stopped blowing but of course I still had no AWD. I checked the wire for any exposed sections but none and checked the coil resistance which was within specs at 23.4 ohm. Once again I plugged in the front AWD coil left the switch in 2WD mode and the fuse still blew. Any ideas what could be causing this as the solenoid resistance tested good. Could it still possibly be a bad AWD solenoid? I would think it would have to be something from the point of disconnection which only leaves that short section of wire that goes right into the AWD solenoid.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Could still be the solenoid itself, even if resistance checks out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Even if the coil resistance is within spec it could be shorted to ground inside the case. Check resistance from each terminal to ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts