Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up ladies and gents,

It's been a long time since I last posted here in the forums. Busy summer and fall. Here are a couple of my mods I just finished up to get ready for the snow blowing season. If you have questions on what I did/how I did, please let me know.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The picture of the grill (picture ending in 154033) is what the actuator plugs into. It supports 6 wires, but I am only using 2 of them. I didn't have time to finish the cable running from the actuator to the jack in the grill. Once I have that done I will upload more pictures.

The picture of the switch that only has two wires into it (the black and red) in the end I do end up using all 6 ports on that switch, I just didn't take a picture of that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! An LED light bar is next on my wishlist.
Thanks!

I started out with Halogens mounted on the back. My main issue was when blowing snow, the glare from your front headlights you can't see **** backing up. Installed the Halogens and still, couldn't see ****! So I installed the LED roof mounted lights. STILL COULDN'T SEE ****. Installed the LED light bar in the front, crystal clear now when looking in the rear.

It's insane how yellow the main head lights look compared to the LED's.

I was going to install an LED light bar in the rear, but I like how I can manually focus each LED light in the rear separate. I like that flexibility.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello... Nice job on the lights and actuator on the snow blower... I just got a light bar... Can't wait until I have a little time to install it... I have a snow blower too and was wondering where did you buy the actuator and bar from that is attached to the snow defector? Would you mind sharing the model number of it? I would really like to add one to my snow blower too. Thanks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Any recommendations for light bar length for roof mount forward lighting?

I'm thinking about adding a low-profile LED light bar, and recommendations of specific models and vendors to consider or avoid?

I've had good results from superbrightleds on other lighting projects, but the only amber strobe combo bar they have is 18" (My state strongly encourages amber strobes for plow vehicles).

Any recommendations for light bar length?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts