Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Polaris Brutus I'm thinking about selling. It has the mower deck, the forklift, the angle broom, and the material bucket. As of today it has 868 miles on it and 260 hours. Back when I bought the machine in 2014 I didn't like it very much, but over the years it has sort of grown on me.

Here is some of the things I like about the machine:
1.) The Yanmar Diesel, although loud, is very powerful and reliable.
2.) The tredle forward and backwards is very convenient.
3.) The 4x4 is very effective when pushing dirt or mowing heavy grass
4.) The material bucket is just perfect for filling in potholes ad small jobs around the house. It makes the machine a little more agile than a tractor with a front end loader.
5.) I rebuilt the casters on the mowing deck with heavier material, which stopped them from bending.

Here are some things I don't like about the machine:
1.) I live in Louisiana where it gets really hot in summer. Sometimes when mowing in the hot sun the machine overheats. I have to let it sit for a while before going back and finishing mowing.
2.) Although very powerful, the machine is slow compared to other side by sides.
3.) The electric cooling fan is starting to whine and needs to be replaced.
4.) The air conditioner doesn't work worth a flip.

How much is this machine worth with all of it's attachments? I paid $37,468.98 for it and the attachments back on Jan 15, 2014. Oh, and if I get a good enough offer I'll sell it on this forum instead of listing it on Ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
As for the air check to see if the fan under the seat is working. I by passed the relay in summer to keep fan on all-time for air seamed to help still not ice cold but better then it was

I see them going from 18,000 to 25,000 used depending on attachments.
N year

1 - 2 of 2 Posts