Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I.m thinking of getting the grapple attachment for my Brutus. I have 3.5 acres, 2/3 of it is woods & I am constantly picking up loads of brush just in the area I am trying to keep mowed. Does anybody have one and what do you think of it?

Many thanks!
I tried doing a search for grapple, but all I get is an error message when I try to search for anything. :(

·
Registered
328 Posts
There's a tooth bar thread, but not one specifically for the grapple.

I tried doing a search for grapple, but all I get is an error message when I try to search for anything. :(
I noticed the Google search is broken, but you can switch to VB Search, that works:

Reactions: Duke Snyder

·
Registered
47 Posts
Brush fork or, perhaps, something like a root/rock rake. I have the later for my tractor and have actually used it to pull as well as push debris. A lot of areas I look to do this kind of thing aren't established areas (doing clearing), in which case I find it more convenient (because I'm using a brush hog or my box blade) to use the tooth bar on my loader bucket. Not sure how most approach this kind of work, but I tend to drag -run in reverse- rather than push (tends to bite down and dig into the ground).

Note, however, that these methods aren't very good at moving the debris long distances: a grapple would be better for this. I've also used truck hoods to load up (just use the loader to push the debris on) and haul distances.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the grapple & bucket setup.
The brush is still pretty much frozen down to mother earth, but did well picking up a stray log.
Only real complaint is that during assembly I noticed the bracket for the ram is off side a bit.
I DID follow the instructions & being a machinist for 33+ years I do know how to machine & assemble things.
This is a design flaw but not serious enough to have the grapple not function.

This spring will bring much more work with it around the property of 3+ acres, mostly woods.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Down limbs as big as some trees, bush piles and big rocks that come down the mountain to set in the road are all things my grapple and bucket make short work of. Make sure your throttle is @ 2800 RPM and put some weight in the bed, I am amazed at how much we move set up that way!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Needs TEETH!!
A friend of mine & I made a set of bolt on teeth for the grapple bucket.
IMPROVED it a LOT!!!
Able to grab much easier & carry to firewood pile or the fire pit area.
Cheap & easy build, 1x2" box tube & some flat stock.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts