Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there fellow forum members

I recently purchased a Brutus HD/PTO plus the new flail mower which according to the Polaris Rep in my area, was to be delivered April 15th. This was the primary reason I made the purchase and paid for the flail mower up front rather than going with a tractor. Long story short, the delivery was pushed back to an unknown date as the Polaris Rep is not being very communicative and if anyone noticed, Polaris removed all mention of the flail mower from their website which used to say it was coming in April. Supposedly it was in final testing two weeks ago but no word of this was provided to me on the need of a final test when I made the purchase.

Has anyone else attempted to purchase the flail mower or had recent discussions with their dealer or Rep regarding purchase or deliver dates. I am beginning to think I may have to deal with a breach of contract issue if I can't get a straight answer or a delivery pretty quick as the weeds and grass here in California are growing the the fastest they have in the last 10 plus years and I am about to miss out on the fire season deadline.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bummer, I've been saving up for one since they said they were coming out in November, last year.
I need one real bad, I've been mowing with the lawn mower and its just not built for tall grass.

Hey Polaris and Bobcat, can we buy the test units, or do some real life testing for you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
No joy. Polaris is not going to make them. I've had it on order forever as well. I guess I will just have to use the finish mower until it breaks! Polaris, I'd love to purchase the prototype??

I have the PDF from Polaris but can't seem to attach. Below is the text.

"May 23, 2017
Dear Dealer Principal,
We appreciate your continued support of the BRUTUS business. We regret to inform you that the flail mower
front attachment for BRUTUS will not be made available for sale. Polaris runs all attachments through rigorous
quality testing to ensure they will exceed expectations. Unfortunately, after conducting multiple tests with the
flail mower, we have determined it will not meet the demands of our customers. We will continue to look for
additional work attachments in order to further enhance the versatility of the BRUTUS lineup.
Polaris will cancel any orders that have been placed for the flail mower (part number 2882546), so no additional
action is required.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your Inside Sales Representative.
Best regards,
Aaron Stegemann
Director of Sales, Work & Transportation"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too!

Hi there fellow forum members

I recently purchased a Brutus HD/PTO plus the new flail mower which according to the Polaris Rep in my area, was to be delivered April 15th. This was the primary reason I made the purchase and paid for the flail mower up front rather than going with a tractor. Long story short, the delivery was pushed back to an unknown date as the Polaris Rep is not being very communicative and if anyone noticed, Polaris removed all mention of the flail mower from their website which used to say it was coming in April. Supposedly it was in final testing two weeks ago but no word of this was provided to me on the need of a final test when I made the purchase.

Has anyone else attempted to purchase the flail mower or had recent discussions with their dealer or Rep regarding purchase or deliver dates. I am beginning to think I may have to deal with a breach of contract issue if I can't get a straight answer or a delivery pretty quick as the weeds and grass here in California are growing the the fastest they have in the last 10 plus years and I am about to miss out on the fire season deadline.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

I also bought a Brutus for the flail mower and also bought a v-blade for it at the same time. This was in mid February of 2017. I finally got the rig with the blade but as of yet no mower. My dealer calls once a week and they keep postponing the delivery date. T o get things done around here I bought their finish mower but my grass problem is horrendous. I have pictures of the stuff being so thick and I kid you not, higher than than the cab of the Brutus. Right now I'm considering getting a flail mower to use omn my crawlers 3 point just to get things done.
Shame on Polaris!!!!

Cole

·
Registered
324 Posts
I knew I should've sprung for the Toolcat instead.

Yet another reason to regret not going for the full-on Bobcat Toolcat instead. :mad:

They've had the Flail Mower and also the 72" "Brush Cat" Bob-Tach attachment available for years now on the bigger machines, even have a 66" version in production, but they can't adapt it to work on the 3650? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Flail mowers are notorious power hogs, I suspect the Brutus just couldn't handle it. After hp loss through the PTO drive belt and right angle gearbox, it's at the lower end of what's acceptable to run a 60" flail.
I have an old 60" Mott 3 point flail that's too small for my tractor, I've been hanging on to it with intentions of someday converting it to use on the Brutus.

Yet another reason to regret not going for the full-on Bobcat Toolcat instead. :mad:

They've had the Flail Mower and also the 72" "Brush Cat" Bob-Tach attachment available for years now on the bigger machines, even have a 66" version in production, but they can't adapt it to work on the 3650? :rolleyes:
The Toolcat is over 60hp, and they are also built a lot heavier to handle the heavier attachments. It a whole different class of machine with a price tag to match.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I talked to a Bobcat dealer this summer and he said the Brutus could not safely provide enough power for it to work correctly. It won't be produced. Bummer. I ended up with a DR Brush Cutter. Would have preferred something for the Brutus so I didn't have to walk over the in-ground bee nests! I hit 2 this past summer. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts