Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at and researching these machines for the last 2 years now. Local bobcat dealer had what I thought was a good buy on a 2016 factory demo with warranty. Only attachments so far are the bucket and grapple, this winter will be getting the blower as well. More than happy with everything so far, considering I've only owned it for 2 weeks. Used it for brush clean up and random tasks around my 10 acre property. Had to test it's limits right away by taking the 480 pounds of winter weight sand bags out of my truck bed. The dump box had no problem moving them. Used the bucket and grapple to pick up an old tractor tire that weighs around 400 lbs, it wasn't easy but picked it up all the way off the ground. I'm glad I didn't get the factory radio installed, for $300. Put a $30 Bluetooth speaker inside and it's more than loud enough with the doors on or off. It's loud enough that I can still easily hear the music when I leave it running and get off to do whatever. Attached a pic from when I was cleaning up old straw bales.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks sweet! By the way set your red handle throttle at 3k RPM when using the attachment hydraulics, you will find much better lifting power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They just lift right off. No un bolting or anything. The first time they were stuck on pretty good, but sprayed a bit of WD40 on them, gave them a little tap with a hammer and now they slide right off. My wife can take them on and off now. Takes less than 30 seconds.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks, I'll give the WD 40 a try, I've tried every year since 2014 and even the hammer didn't work, I'll try a bigger hammer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Taking notes here, felt like I busted my DBL hernia open the last time I tried that... being 60 something may have something to do with it... Where is that hammer at?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts