Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The engine runs great when just driving, even full throttle in high gear never has a problem. It's only when I am using a PTO device (snowblower) at max RPM... about every 30 seconds, it acts like the motor completely dies, but only for about 1-2 seconds.... then it revs back up to normal and everything is fine. With the blower going and the hand throttle at max, it's running around 3,600RPM.

I have replaced the fuel filter, used brand new fuel, and even tried adding an additive for a tank to see if that would help. No difference.

Any other ideas??

·
Registered
327 Posts
Since you mentioned the snowblower, have you checked the air intake screen?

Mine had a similar issue when running the snowblower because the intake (next to the driver door) would get clogged with snow. I did the air intake relocation mod and problem went away.

Reactions: drittgers

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same thing with my 2015 Bobcat 3650. I've chocked it up to engine load though, as it usually happens to me when I'm heading uphill with the PTO engaged and I have to lighten up on the treadle pedal to get the engine speed back up. I have not had clogging or other issues that obvious. If you find it's something else I would love to hear it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Replace fuel filter with Donaldson P551099

I have the same thing with my 2015 Bobcat 3650. I've chocked it up to engine load though, as it usually happens to me when I'm heading uphill with the PTO engaged and I have to lighten up on the treadle pedal to get the engine speed back up. I have not had clogging or other issues that obvious. If you find it's something else I would love to hear it.
When did you last replace the fuel filter?

I had those exact symptoms, drained the fuel-water separator, no change. Fix was to replace the fuel filter (Donaldson P551099).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks, I'll try that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts