Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any dealer experiences they would like to share? How are the dealers supporting the Brutus product line?

·
Registered
73 Posts
In my experience, like crap! No one at the dealers knows anything about the product. I sheared some bolts in the blower attachment, no one can give me the bolt spec/shear rating Polaris recommends for this attachment. I started with a 2, shear them no problem, went to a 5, same thing. Scared to try an 8 in fear of damaging the gear box on the auger.

·
Registered
282 Posts
In my experience, like crap! No one at the dealers knows anything about the product. I sheared some bolts in the blower attachment, no one can give me the bolt spec/shear rating Polaris recommends for this attachment. I started with a 2, shear them no problem, went to a 5, same thing. Scared to try an 8 in fear of damaging the gear box on the auger.
Im not surprised at all, it's why I always come to forums like this for a second opinion and more info.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Im not surprised at all, it's why I always come to forums like this for a second opinion and more info.
I get it, it's a new product and so far not a hugely popular one due to cost. But if dealers are going to sell them, at least have one of your tech's get trained on it.

I wish Polaris had a tech support line that the end user could call into. If they do GIVE ME THAT NUMBER! LOL

·
Registered
116 Posts
The blowers need grade 8 shear pins. Anything else won't last. This upgrade was signed off by Polaris- it's not just some interweb yahoo spouting off. Of course it's the Polaris shear pin they approved. Get a few extras just in case.

Eta: bobcat makes the attachments and most of the inconsistency with the shear pins is directly attributable to them.

OP, which dealer? Feel free to PM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts