Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a Brutus HD and the accompanying PTO kit for it. I installed it this weekend without any issue except the kit was missing half the required fasteners. Anyways all connectors are in place and the fuses/ relays are fine. But when I pull up the engagement knob nothing happens. Does anyone know if it's required to take it to a dealer for some sort of reflash to get it to work?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Requires "Polaris Smart-Wrench"

But when I pull up the engagement knob nothing happens. Does anyone know if it's required to take it to a dealer for some sort of reflash to get it to work?
Yes, see here.

Grant Nelson Blog said:
Finally, when I got done-my PTO didn’t run. Apparently, there is a computer somewhere on this machine and it didn’t recognize the addition of the new PTO. There is something called a “Polaris Smart-Wrench” which appears to me to basically be a code reader. The dealer has the “Smart-Wrench” and will plug it into the port which is under the driver’s seat to program my machine to recognize the new PTO and allow it to work. (as of 11-3-14, my dealer reprogrammed the computer for free and everything works great)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts