Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with the "Pawltector" or it's cousin"ScorpionLoc ?. It looks like this would be the perfect fix for the lack of an emergency brake on the Brutus. It looks like a 10 minute fix for the issue and a very simple operation. Only problem : I can't seem to get a clear answer from either manufacturer and there are several models of both suppliers to choose from and the Brutus is not listed on the model lists but the brake pedal looks very similar to other models .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the Pawltector on a 2013 HDPTO. It went on easy enough but still teaking it to suit my preference. I hardly ever use the brakes therefore they are fully adjusted up which makes the set adjustment bolt on Pawltector almost too short since it is all the way out, may get a longer bolt later. I have to really press hard on brakes to engage lock latch. The 2nd part of this is that the lock latch angle over the brake pedal arm hits mine too high which contributes to having to push down more to clear the brake pedal arm and engage. Also my big feet makes it hard for me to move latch to engage. I find it is easier to reach down and engage lock by hand. The self retracting release feature is nice and works great. All this said I really like the ability to set the brakes on steep hills for safety & ease of moving gear selector. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pawtector installed

Well, I got my pawtector installed in about 15 minutes. I had a little problem getting it to latch due to the offset of the brake pedal lever. I figured out that if I rotated the latch 45 degrees to match the angle of the offset it worked perfectly. A great ,simple, and clever fix to a stupid design flaw of Polaris. AND IT"S MADE IN AMERICA! Hurah!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts