Polaris Brutus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard that Polaris is coming out with a brush hog/rough mower attachment for the hd pto. Does anyone have any info on this?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have no use for a FINISH mower. I would love a flail

I don't know who started the rumor. "Brush Hog" has to be in the top 10 list of requests, and should be achievable with the PTO.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Flail Mower (Faill 2016)

New 66" Flail Mower was officially announced, has video:

"Clear brush and small trees up to 1/2" in diameter while distributing cut material evenly. Cutting width of 66". Floatation setting allows the cutter to float over uneven surfaces. Vehicle compatability: BRUTUS HDPTO BRUTUS HDPTO DLX BRUTUS HD"​

·
Registered
163 Posts
That I could use, I mow about 20 acres of tall grass several times a year and it's no fun using the lawnmower attachment. Also up to 1/2" brush is about what I need to clear.
I bet it cost more than the $800 I spent on a new 5' brush cutter I bought for my compact tractor a few years ago.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just found this on a polaris site.
BRUTUS FLAIL MOWER BY POLARIS
Item # 2882546
$3,999.99
USD

$ 5000 Canadian is around $3700 US.

·
Registered
324 Posts
By late Nov. I'll need their bulk spreader for ice melt, not a mower

Just noticed it can cut 1" brush not 1/2". Supposed to ship in November
Their marketing material is inconsistent, most of the documents say "Clear brush and small trees up to 1/2" in diameter", but I have seen the 1" phrasing as well.

November will be too late for me, unless it can also get through several inches of snow and ice to reach the brush...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts