Polaris Brutus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a "Brutus 2016" press release that mentions they've made some changes to the snowblower.

The updated BRUTUS two-stage snow blower has a hydraulic chute rotator that is controlled from inside the cab. An extreme-duty cogged belt drive with automatic tensioner provides smooth operation and drastically reduces the need for drive maintenance. A cutting width of 62 inches and a height of 21 inches mean big snow is no big deal.

A redesigned, ergonomic joystick with an integrated toggle feature allows for control. Raise, lower, tilt and move power take-off (PTO) attachments without taking your hand off the joystick. The new joystick is standard on MY16 and the upgrade kit is compatible with all earlier model BRUTUS HDPTO vehicles.
Apparently they've also upped the 90-amp alternator to 110 for MY16.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wonder if there are any other improvements to the snowblower. One dealer I was talking to said there was a significant price increase because its been redesigned.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm down for the joystick upgrade. I actually tracked down the OE supplier of the original joystick and found that they offer it with several combinations of built in switches, but I haven't found a retail source. I was considering hacking a couple of pushbuttons into mine. I guess I can just wait for the Polaris kit now.

I wonder if they will be making the snow plow wider. It should be at least 72". I'm using an 84" plow from a small truck.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'll call my Bobcat dealer, see if they have anything on the joystick upgrade, and get a price on the new salt spreader while I'm at it.

Regarding the snow blade I doubt we'll see anything new on that front from Bobcat, though I definitely agree the blade could be improved. I'd love to see them offer even something as simple as Plow Wing Extensions.

·
Registered
2013 Brutus HD PTO
29 Posts
Check bike bandit .com for the blower. They have less than list prices! It may also qualify for free shipping.
They now list the new part number.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I'll call my Bobcat dealer, see if they have anything on the joystick upgrade, and get a price on the new salt spreader while I'm at it.

Regarding the snow blade I doubt we'll see anything new on that front from Bobcat, though I definitely agree the blade could be improved. I'd love to see them offer even something as simple as Plow Wing Extensions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHZ2Dj0Y3qU
In many states this guy would get a ticket for pushing snow into/across the road...:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts