Why did they make a fork lift that doesn't really lift? - Polaris Brutus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Why did they make a fork lift that doesn't really lift?

Some people may be content to just move a pallet from one place to another, but I have a feeling that some of us may like the ability to truly lift those pallets as well. I was disappointed that the Brutus pallet fork does go up and down very high. I can't lift pallets to put on shelves. Is anyone else slightly bothered by this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
Some people may be content to just move a pallet from one place to another, but I have a feeling that some of us may like the ability to truly lift those pallets as well. I was disappointed that the Brutus pallet fork does go up and down very high. I can't lift pallets to put on shelves. Is anyone else slightly bothered by this?
Its a SxS not a forklift. Brutus' pallet forks are more for moving pallets around the property than it is about warehouse management...
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 06:37 PM

Yeah If you would want to do some lifting and stcking I would invest on a real forklift. But the Brutus accessorie is just made to take on some light duties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieP View Post
Its a SxS not a forklift. Brutus' pallet forks are more for moving pallets around the property than it is about warehouse management...
+1

Its not a forklift.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB. View Post
Yeah If you would want to do some lifting and stcking I would invest on a real forklift. But the Brutus accessorie is just made to take on some light duties.
Very true, it can be used for very minimal things. One thing to keep in mind when buying this or anything else is keeping your purpose in mind. But at least the Brutus can do a range of things.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 07:30 AM

An attachment that would allow to lift pallets high up would be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and require a separate hydraulic system.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
An attachment that would allow to lift pallets high up would be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and require a separate hydraulic system.
also consider the weight of the Brutus, you DO NOT want it to tip forward. A real fork lift has a ton of solid weight to it, which helps.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 02:03 PM

That is very true you do need the weight to counter balance. I think that is a solid answer for the reason of why the brutus would have a lift system that goes too high.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 01:06 PM

I think that you need realize that the Brutus is a multi-purpose vehicle, but because of that it isn't the optimal vehicle for everything. Do you really need to stack pallets that high on your farm?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 01:45 PM

You can only do so much even with the add on attachment. You can expect a compromise and here is where the it is. You can move around the palets but not stck them. At least its there right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris Brutus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page