Why did they make a fork lift that doesn't really lift? - Page 2 - Polaris Brutus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
I think that you need realize that the Brutus is a multi-purpose vehicle, but because of that it isn't the optimal vehicle for everything. Do you really need to stack pallets that high on your farm?
You never know, some people have some very different needs.
For most Polaris owners the forks and how they function should serve most well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 10:29 AM

Hey at least we have a fork lift attachment.

I never even knew this attachment existed until looking at the Brutus attachments. Might not really be a fork lift but its better than nothing I guess.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Hey at least we have a fork lift attachment.

I never even knew this attachment existed until looking at the Brutus attachments. Might not really be a fork lift but its better than nothing I guess.
I agree, we do have to be thankful it's even available. My first time seeing the list of accessories and attachments I was surprised, Polaris did a great job.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 06:49 PM

now you just have to consider if it would be worth it pat for that kind of attachment.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB. View Post
now you just have to consider if it would be worth it pat for that kind of attachment.
not if you need a real forklift, you can pick up a used forklift on CL for about $2K... don't buy the attachment, buy what you need...
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 12:14 PM

agreed. those who actually need a forklift would buy an actual forklift.

this attachment is just meant for moving the palets around to add to the versatility of the brutus.

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 05:26 PM

I like my forklift attachment. You just need to think outside the box. Put the forks together and you have a hay bale mover. Yes, it says "400#" but that is mostly because of the lack of counter weight in the bed. That is easily fixed by putting some weight in the bed. I moved around my Rotary 10k# 2 post lift yesterday with the Forklift attachment. Each post weighs about 500# each, moved them from the trailer into my garage without a problem. Laid them on the ground, then went and got the Ranger to use the winch to lift them up via the ceiling joist. Easy as pie.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 11:30 AM

Garage
Thumbs up At least they're honest and call the attachment "pallet fork" not "forklift".

At least they're honest and call the attachment "pallet fork"

Compared to a powered pallet jack at around $3K, the fork is more useful and capable, just not when compared to a true forklift. As I only get about 3 pallets delivered a year, I decided to skip this attachment entirely, I get more use out of the material bucket with it's 500-lb rating.

Bobcat 3650: Material Bucket / Snowblower / Snow Blade
Mods: Snow Service intake, SBL 30" Light Bar, Cab lighting
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 04:47 PM

It looks to me like it is intended to move items like small generators, pallet of barbwire, hay bales and such. Going to be very useful to me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris Brutus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page