Polaris Dealer selling Brutus at Discount with NO factory warranty? Fishy? - Page 2 - Polaris Brutus Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 07:49 PM

It happens. Dealers go out of business and some states have laws that require that manufacturer to buy the units back. They then go to auctions. You can buy a third party warranty if you like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 06:37 PM

I've just purchased one of the "used" 2013 demo units from M&M. They are titled to M&M which means M&M owns the unit, and I will be the second owner. It is not the same as new dealer inventory units that are owned by Polaris. I'm assuming M&M had to purchase these from Polaris, they are the first owner, and they get the warranty.

Polaris warranty is just about worthless anyway. They are masters of denying claims and blaming the customer. It takes a good dealer to get anything covered. And when it comes to Brutus, I'm not sure a Polaris dealer tech is the best guy to be working on the machine anyway. I'm perfectly comfortable buying a demo unit that has a few hours on it, chances are any major manufacturing problems will have been worked out already, and anything that comes up later I can fix myself. The $8000 off MSRP will go a long way.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 10:44 AM

I purchased a demo unit from m&m, and let me tell you they are everything but truthful. Call polaris customer service with the vin number and they will tell you exactly when the warranty expires. All machines,regardless of being a demo unit, carry a 1yr factory warranty. This includes pto attachments. If anyone is experiencing these problems, as I have, please respond. I have been told by m&m that the machine had no warranty; however, polaris customer service says that is not true and has given me the date which the factory warranty expires. M&M has been awful to deal with as far as customer service applies. Personally,I urge you to look elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 10:41 PM

If I bought a machine at a huge discount with the expectation that there was no warranty, then find out it's covered by a 1 year manufacturer's warranty I don't think I'd be upset about it. If M&M's service sucks or they don't want to work on it just take it somewhere else.

The unit I bought from M&M did come with a certificate of origin with M&M listed as the dealer/distributor. I'm not sure what meaning that has as far as warranty is concerned, nor do I care at this point. The sales agreement that I signed says no warranty. They may be violating their dealer agreement with Polaris, but they sure don't owe me anything.

My local dealer (1000 miles away from M&M) has heard of them and said he's lost many sales to them. He said he asked his Polaris rep how they can sell below cost. The Polaris rep told him they are gambling. If they sell enough units they get a volume bonus from Polaris that makes up for the lower sale prices. I don't know if it's true, but that's what my dealer told me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris Brutus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page