Does Anyone have a Brutus yet? - Page 7 - Polaris Brutus Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorts View Post
Heres the quick test on the HDPTO: on flat ground, put the BRUTUS IN high gear (PTO off) and push throttle lever (orange handle) all the way forward with your foot off the treadle pedal. If the unit creeps backward, it needs the fix. The brutus will literally move backward without your foot on the pedal. By simply adjusting (rotating )the swash plate under the bed, the issue can be fixed in 10 minutes with a small wrench and a ratchet.
Sounds like a pretty simple fix. Can this be fixed by the end user? If so do you have pictures of the parts in question?
cnjdavis likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi_guy View Post
Mike,

Have you sheared any bolts yet? In the video you posted of you blowing snow, my blower would have gone through 2 or 3 bolts. Not cool!

Also, if you would, can you look at the two center auger bolts and look at the head of the bolt and tell me how many lines it has on it? I might be using too low rated bolts....
I have not sheared any bolts yet. Will have a look at them this evening to see what ring they are.

Mike
post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskibo View Post
I have not sheared any bolts yet. Will have a look at them this evening to see what ring they are.

Mike
I actually figured it out. The initial versions of the blower came with 5's, they then revamped the newer blowers to run with 8's. So that is what I am running now and it's no problem at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 07:33 PM

Good to hear, at least now there's no issue. Keep us posted on how it goes in the long term

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris Brutus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page