Polaris Brutus Forum - View Single Post - New owner
Thread: New owner
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 10:58 AM
LungsRT

I have the same model and they named it Brutus for a reason, this machine is a workhorse. I unfortunately bought my 2013 from a person that didn't have a clue about maintaining a vehicle like this and by the time I bought it many things needed to be replaced right away. I had an electrical issue right from the start with my battery unable to hold a charge and a year later I'm still fighting this issue. I had the alternator checked which was fine, pumping out 90A just like it is suppose to. Bought a new battery but not the OEM and I discovered thru this forum that I probably didn't get the right battery for the charging rate of my alternator so I bought the OEM battery a month ago and it holds a charge much longer but still eventually discharges with use. I have a theory that my problem is related to when the radiator fan turns on and it puts a big drain on the battery, not sure why. The relay turns on and off appropriately and the engine cools efficiently but still a drain on the system. Nobody has been able to tell me why and I am left a bit frustrated because I cannot use it the way it was designed. I hope you are not experiencing the same issue but one thing I can guarantee, if you are looking for a machine to perform work and not to go bombing down the trail at 40mph you will not be disappointed. Do your maintenance and the engine will run forever! Good Luck.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome