Polaris Brutus Forum banner

Why did they make a fork lift that doesn't really lift?

16K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  fepony 
#1 ·
Some people may be content to just move a pallet from one place to another, but I have a feeling that some of us may like the ability to truly lift those pallets as well. I was disappointed that the Brutus pallet fork does go up and down very high. I can't lift pallets to put on shelves. Is anyone else slightly bothered by this?

#17 ·
I like my forklift attachment. You just need to think outside the box. Put the forks together and you have a hay bale mover. Yes, it says "400#" but that is mostly because of the lack of counter weight in the bed. That is easily fixed by putting some weight in the bed. I moved around my Rotary 10k# 2 post lift yesterday with the Forklift attachment. Each post weighs about 500# each, moved them from the trailer into my garage without a problem. Laid them on the ground, then went and got the Ranger to use the winch to lift them up via the ceiling joist. Easy as pie.

#18 ·
At least they're honest and call the attachment "pallet fork" not "forklift".

At least they're honest and call the attachment "pallet fork" :rolleyes:

Compared to a powered pallet jack at around $3K, the fork is more useful and capable, just not when compared to a true forklift. As I only get about 3 pallets delivered a year, I decided to skip this attachment entirely, I get more use out of the material bucket with it's 500-lb rating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.