Command Lever Problem? HELP!
Hi Guys, I have a 2013 HDPTO with less than 100 hours on it that has developed a problem which may be related to the Command Lever/HP spring and I'm hoping that someone can help me diagnose the fix. I've searched the forum but I don't see that anyone has had my exact issue before. As snow will be beginning soon, I need to get this fixed ASAP or I may not be able to plow get out of my driveway soon!
Symptoms, Observations, etc.
1) Engine starts and idles fine.
2) When accelerating medium/hard or under a load (driving uphill) OR even downhill at a high speed/RPMs (3,000'ish), the engine will suddenly bog down after 50-100 yards of travel. By bogging down I mean down to about 1000-1100 RPM.
3) After it bogs down, if you let off the pedal and stop the engine will recover to a normal idle after about 20 seconds and, if you take off slowly, it operates normally.
4) If you keep the RPMs below 2,200, everything will operate normally, uphill (at least at the max grade on my property), downhill, idle, etc.
5) All of the above will repeat time after time. Air temperatures were 45-50 degrees yesterday when I tested this.
6) Engine temperature is normal, idle speed is normal.
7) I've drained the water separator several times, no evidence of water. Fuel is fresh and I use a stabilizer religiously.
8) Air filter is practically new (2 hours) and clean.
9) Hydraulic oil level is fine and looks normal (not frothy).
10) I haven't torn it apart yet to determine if I have the old un-adjustable hp spring set-up or the adjustable type (my guess it's the old type but I'll verify that).
Any thoughts/help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to fix this myself, with Christmas just around the corner I don't need a huge Polaris repair shop bill.