Finally an owner! - Polaris Brutus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Finally an owner!

I've been looking at and researching these machines for the last 2 years now. Local bobcat dealer had what I thought was a good buy on a 2016 factory demo with warranty. Only attachments so far are the bucket and grapple, this winter will be getting the blower as well. More than happy with everything so far, considering I've only owned it for 2 weeks. Used it for brush clean up and random tasks around my 10 acre property. Had to test it's limits right away by taking the 480 pounds of winter weight sand bags out of my truck bed. The dump box had no problem moving them. Used the bucket and grapple to pick up an old tractor tire that weighs around 400 lbs, it wasn't easy but picked it up all the way off the ground. I'm glad I didn't get the factory radio installed, for $300. Put a $30 Bluetooth speaker inside and it's more than loud enough with the doors on or off. It's loud enough that I can still easily hear the music when I leave it running and get off to do whatever. Attached a pic from when I was cleaning up old straw bales.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170413_234648_1492145784844.jpg (138.2 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:22 AM

Looks sweet! By the way set your red handle throttle at 3k RPM when using the attachment hydraulics, you will find much better lifting power.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:05 AM

Garage
Have fun, by the way how did you get your doors off? Or did you unbolt them. Mine won't budge on my 3650.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

They just lift right off. No un bolting or anything. The first time they were stuck on pretty good, but sprayed a bit of WD40 on them, gave them a little tap with a hammer and now they slide right off. My wife can take them on and off now. Takes less than 30 seconds.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:00 AM

Garage
Thanks, I'll give the WD 40 a try, I've tried every year since 2014 and even the hammer didn't work, I'll try a bigger hammer.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:26 PM

Taking notes here, felt like I busted my DBL hernia open the last time I tried that... being 60 something may have something to do with it... Where is that hammer at?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris Brutus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page