Brutus in the uk - Polaris Brutus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Brutus in the uk

Hi guys,
The Brutus didn't really sell very well in the uk for several reasons, however it is the perfect machine for my business and I was lucky enough to get one last year as Polaris uk had one still in the crate from 2013.
It was a Brutus HD with the Yanmar engine, and I had the pto fitted afterwards. I use it with the Polaris rotary mower, front forks and a bucket.
I found this forum last week as I need to service it and I could get all the parts except for the hydraulic oil, so I need to know what you would use if you don't buy the Polaris hydraulic oil, as I couldn't find a spec anywhere?
Also are there any upgrades I need to know about? I've read a bit about the HT Spring and my dealer has ordered me the newer version, but is there anything else?
Also what is the top speed and rpm should I be looking at when idling? It's a bit sluggish, which I expect from a hydrostatic, but just want to make sure its operating where it needs to be.
Anything you can tell me to look out for would be greatly appreciated as I need to keep it for a long time!
Many thanks,
Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 03:38 PM

Hi Tony, Pls check my posts for several answers.

SuperTech heavy duty R&O anti-wear hydraulic oil from Walmart is just fine.

Per spec 1250rpm is min and 3800rpm is Max, high range speed on level suface should be 30mph per spec.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for your reply.
We don't have a Walmart, but is there an iso number that's recommended?
I can only get to 24mph, but hopefully the upgrade on the HT Spring will sort this out
Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris Brutus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page