Soon to be owner with a few questions - Polaris Brutus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Soon to be owner with a few questions

Hey guys, I am in the market for a new, or new to me Brutus. I have a small snow removal business that started with a 24 inch walk behind blower doing a few neighbors driveways that has turned into 30+ in a few years. I had to upgrade to an ATV with plow and then get a buddy to help with his ATV plow to help keep up. I also have 10 acres to maintain that I could use it on. I've been looking at a Brutus for a couple years now and have read literally every thread on this forum in my search for info, talked to everyone in my area that owns one and talked to a few dealers.

Basically, I was wondering which model year I should go with. I have several options as to which year to go with. I can still get a 13 with the yanmar, 15, or brand new.

Should I go with the yanmar? and do the brand new 17's have all the issues worked out with the Kohlers such as oil sump problems: Any other pros and cons with different years?

Any input is appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 11:12 AM

Garage
If I could have written it off as a business expensive, I would have spent the extra +$20K and gone with a Bobcat Toolcat.

I have a Bobcat 3650 with the Yanmar engine; if the price is right, I recommend this model-- the upgrades needed for the a few new accesssories (e.g. the dump bed reinforcement for the salt spreader, or the new joystick required for the plow with the side wings) can be added as upgrades.

OTOH, I would definitely recommend going with the 2016+ upgraded snowblower, major changes compared to the original chain-drive snowblower.

Bobcat 3650: Material Bucket / Snowblower / Snow Blade / SBL 30" Light Bar
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 12:12 PM

I went with the 2015 Brutus HDPTO, and had them upgrade to the new joystick so I could use the new v-plow. I am so happy with the v-plow since I can break through the big drifts on my 1/2 mile drive way in the v position, and then go back and widen in the normal angled position. I also have the 66" finish mower which I am happy with as well. There was a recall on the Kohler Diesel, so the dealer swapped out the engine with the improved 2017 engine. So far, no problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris Brutus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page